This Video Represents Man At His Triumphant Apex of Applied Creativity and Determination
Motores Patelo, The Maestro At Work
It’s not often that I take the time to watch a YouTube video all the way through. Most of the time, I either get bored or annoyed with what’s going on, but this one was an exception to the rule. I was, in a word, transfixed as I watched it unfold.
While it’s not specifically about motorcycles, it is about a subject that interests most bike-loving types – how things work and what it takes to make them work.
The builder’s name is Yesus Wilder and he only used three materials to build this, the smallest 12 cylinder engine in the world. Stainless steel, aluminum, and bronze. The unparalleled skill and dedication it took Wilder to engineer and execute this tiny bit of perfection is stunning. It’s a one off creation and to my way of thinking, a work of genius and art as a result.
Wilder’s clip of him making his engine has already reached more than 2.2 million views and climbing, and once you’ve seen it (at least if you’re a dyed in the wool gearhead), you’re unlikely to forget the experience.
The video of the world’s smallest V12 engine being constructed from scratch is nearly 10 minutes long, but it represents a record of the thought process and the actual craft which went into creating this miniature V12 piece of awesome.
- Number of parts -261
- Number of screws – 222
- Number of hours in labor – 1220
While it appears , since there’s no carb or ignition system, that it runs on compressed air, that hardly diminishes the magnificence of this achievement for me.
My admiration for this man and his craftsmanship is boundless.
Tips for buying motorcycle insurance for your custom:
- Collision to pay for damage caused to your vehicle in an accident with another vehicle or any stationary object.
- Comprehensive to cover such things as fire, hail, wind, vandalism, hitting an animal, etc.
- Towing / Pickup
- Medical payment or personal injury protection to cover the medical bills resulting from an accident.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist to protect us when the other driver is at-fault and does not have coverage or assets out of which your bills can be paid.
- Additional coverage to replace or repair accessories specific to your bike.