TYPES OF BENEDICTINE AVAILABLE:
HOW YOU SHOULD DRINK IT:
- In cocktails (Bobby Burns, Singapore Sling, Vieux Carre)
- In 1510, the Benedictine monk Don Bernardo Vincelli created the recipe for this French liqueur, which calls for 27 plants and spices. The three main ingredients are Angelica, Hyssop and Lemon Balm.
- There are only three people on earth who know the complete recipe for making the spirit.
- Benedictine is aged for up to 17 months before bottling.
- The brand was first imported to the United States in 1888.